NAJA Job Board
- Emp Type:
- Alaska Public Media, Anchorage AK
- Main Duties:
- The Senior Content Producer will produce, edit and deliver a variety of programs for radio and the Web. Assignments could include, but not be limited to: news, public affairs, and arts and culture programs; promos and fundraising messages; and membership drives.
The Senior Content Producer will be proficient using a variety of recording equipment, editing equipment and software, and comfortable working in a creative but deadline-driven environment.
The Senior Content Producer will:
* Engineer live and recorded radio programs.
* Capture and edit audio in the studio and in the field for radio and the Web.
* Produce and edit multimedia packages for the Web.
* Collaborate with staff on news, public affairs, marketing and membership projects.
* Meet deadlines and uphold professional journalistic standards.
* Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Flexible, adaptable and proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
* Must be able to work various hours including, nights weekends and holidays.
* Must have access to reliable transportation, including during inclement weather.
* Must be able to use recorders, cameras, broadcast equipment and editing software.
* Must be able to travel by car, train, plane or boat.
- Required Knowledge:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Record audio using a variety of equipment including studio equipment, portable microphones and recorders, and recording equipment at a variety of community locations.
* Produce various news, public affairs, and arts and culture programs for radio and Web.
* Serve in a variety of roles as member of radio and Web team.
* Produce various types of promos, fundraising and membership messages.
* Participate in programming discussions with Alaska Public Media.
* Use social media to engage listeners and viewers of Alaska Public Media.
* Produce, record and edit audio for radio and the Web.
* Work successfully in the field and in the studio.
* Perform in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
* Multitask and work across multiple media platforms.
* Edit using a variety editing systems including primarily, but not exclusively, Adobe Audition.
* Produce multimedia projects that include audio, video, photos and graphics for the Web.
* Adhere to high journalistic styles and practices.
- Required Experience:
- Required Qualifications:
* Experience working recording and editing audio for television, radio, film or Web.
* Experience working with various audio recording systems.
* Ability to work collegially with multiple stakeholders and audiences.
* Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, creative organization, and professionally in a team-based environment.
* Bachelors Degree.
* Experience producing across media platforms with a working knowledge of WordPress.
* Two years experience working in television, film industry, video production or radio.
* Experience working in public media.
- Special Requirement:
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The employee is routinely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or run and to do so in inclement weather.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Moreover, the employee:
* Must be able to type using a computer keyboard.
* Must be able to operate various electronic devices including recording, video and photography equipment in and out of a studio.
* Must be able to hear audio and to see video.
* Must be able to work at a computer or with audio equipment for long stretches.
* Must be able to work in a fluid, deadline-driven environment.
* Must be able to maintain a high quality of work product.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of an office environment and representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Application Process:
- Please submit cover letter, resume and a link to produced works to: [email protected]
or mail to: HR, Alaska Public Media
3877 University Drive
Anchorage AK 99508
Alaska Public Media is an EOE employer. Women & minorities are urged to apply.