NAJA Job Board
- Emp Type:
- The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University' Phoenix, AZ
- Main Duties:
- The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University seeks to hire a tenure-track assistant professor to help lead the school’s sports journalism program, teaching sports journalism and engaging in research on the subject.
- Required Knowledge:
- Required qualifications are at least five years of professional experience, including in sports journalism, and a Ph.D.
- Required Experience:
- The Cronkite School offers Bachelor of Arts, Master’s of Mass Communication and Ph.D. degrees. The school is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. ASU is a large Research I institution located in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
A leader in digital media education and the home of the Carnegie-Knight News21 program, the Cronkite School is expanding its sports journalism program and will launch undergraduate and graduate degrees in the next academic year. The school added more than 20 top journalists and scholars to the faculty over the past six years. The school’s professional programs, including a sports journalism bureau in Southern California, immerse students in the practice of digital journalism. The school is housed in a state-of-the-art media complex on ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus in the heart of the nation’s sixth largest city and 13th-largest media market.
- Special Requirement:
- Application Process:
- Application deadline: Dec. 1, 2013, or if not filled, the first of each month thereafter until the search is closed.
Application procedure: Materials must include 1) a current curriculum vita; 2) a letter outlining employment history, educational philosophy, scholarly research or creative interests and a description of how the applicant’s experiences will benefit the Cronkite School; and 3) names, positions and telephone numbers of three academic or professional references.
Submit materials to:
Marianne Barrett, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Dean
Louise Solheim Professor
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
555 N. Central Avenue, Suite 302
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/. The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication actively encourages diversity among its applicants and work force.