- Emp Type:
- The Department of Communication at The College at Brockport, SUNY
- Main Duties:
- The Department of Communication at The College at Brockport, SUNY, seeks candidates with expertise in broadcast journalism to fill a 3-year renewable non-tenure track Visiting Assistant Professor position open in its Journalism/Broadcasting program beginning Fall 2014 pending funding approval.
- Required Knowledge:
- Teach four courses each semester at the undergraduate level. Courses may include the following: Media Writing, Broadcast Journalism (currently listed as Electronic Journalism), Advanced Broadcast Journalism (currently listed as Advanced Electronic Journalism), Broadcast Announcing, Web Publication and Design, Online Writing (currently listed as Advanced Media Writing) and/or History of American Journalism. Service to the department is also required. That service might include advising a weekly student-run broadcast news show. Full-time presence on campus is required.
Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field, at time of appointment; with minimum seven years professional experience in broadcast journalism (TV and/or radio). Candidates must demonstrate evidence of successful teaching and ability to teach broadcast journalism. Candidates must demonstrate potential for increasing the diversity of the curriculum, student body or faculty through teaching/mentoring or research activities.
- Required Experience:
- Special Requirement:
- Preferred qualifications: Demonstrate evidence of successful teaching at the college level, ability to teach web design and social media and to work with professional colleagues who utilize a variety of approaches to communication research.
- Application Process:
- The College at Brockport is a comprehensive institution of approximately 8,500 undergraduate and graduate students and is located in the college-friendly village of Brockport, near Rochester, NY. The Department of Communication houses more than 450 undergraduate majors, 15 full-time faculty in Communication Studies, Journalism & Broadcasting and a graduate program. The department especially encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. For more information about our department, please visit http://www.brockport.edu/cmc/index.html. Beginning review date: November 8, 2013. To apply visit www.brockportrecruit.org.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2gb6bv6