- Emp Type:
- Illinois Public Media (WILL AM-FM-TV-Online) College of Media, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Main Duties:
- Illinois Public Media has a rare opening for Senior Host/Producer for its signature call-in radio talk show, Focus. We’re looking for an experienced journalist and conversationalist to join our award-winning team of journalists at WILL AM-FM-TV-Online (will.illinois.edu), the public broadcasting service of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Required Knowledge:
- The Senior Host/Producer will work closely with the Focus producer to create daily programs that stand out among local and public media with topics that surprise, guests who shine and stories that connect with listeners’ lives. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious journalist to help build on Focus’ local success and develop a sustainable, regional service.
- Required Experience:
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications or a related field and at least three years of journalism experience. Must have a proven ability to write for a broadcast audience; a well-developed curiosity in a wide range of subjects; a broad range of general news knowledge, an engaging, energetic and conversational on-air presence, deep knowledge of news and excellent news judgment, ability to lead a daily talk program that reflects the interests of a diverse audience, ability to handle rapidly moving and breaking news stories, knowledge of online journalism practices, proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at IPM and within the public radio system.
- Special Requirement:
- Application Process:
- Visit http://will.illinois.edu/jobs for the full position announcement. Complete application and upload a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references, and audio or video samples of your work. Full consideration will be given to applications received by October 4, 2013. For more information, contact Dee Breeding, HR Specialist, 217-333-7300, [email protected]
Illinois Public Media at the University of Illinois is an AA/EOE and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu