- Emp Type:
- Main Duties:
- This position requires planning, coordinating and monitoring all television news programs to maintain a quality on-air look.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other news related duties may be assigned.
• Applicant must be a strong writer, have solid news judgment, and adjust quickly and efficiently to breaking news situations.
• Determines significance of local, regional, national and international news stories
• Writes and arranges news scripts in newscasts and assists in writing and rewriting news scripts for other newscasts
• Coordinates status and changing conditions of stories from inception to actual air. This includes graphics production, tape editing, satellite feed coordination, monitoring news wires, scanners, microwave, and satellite live shots for newscasts
• Coordinates efforts of news and operation/production personnel to ensure quality programs This includes, but is not limited to; graphics production, tape editing, satellite feed coordination, monitoring news wires, scanners, microwave, and satellite live shots.
• Must be willing to work early mornings and/or weekends.
- Required Knowledge:
- Required Experience:
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Communications or Journalism from four-year college or university; at least 6-12 months professional newsroom experience, preferably in a producer or associate producer position.
- Special Requirement:
- Application Process:
- Applications for employment are now submitted electronically. If you are interested in applying, please visit https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com