NAJA Job Board
- Emp Type:
- WOIO/WUAB TV.
- Main Duties:
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Produce and prepare (write) all material necessary for live weather segment within daily newscasts.
2. Be responsible for generating all the weather/forecasting maps and graphics necessary for
the broadcasts using station’s weather graphic system.
3. Present weathercast live, on camera, on video tape or voice-over within newscasts or news breaks as assigned.
4. Assist in the production and preparation of the broadcasts in which they are assigned.
5. Write and produce newsbreaks, teases and other promotional announcements as assigned and perform the material live on-camera, on video tape or voice-over.
6. Use unique, creative abilities and exercise personal discretion and initiative to maintain lists of story ideas and contacts which can be developed for inclusion in the news broadcasts as needed.
7. Remain current on the latest trends in weather forecasting and on-air presentation.
8. Participate, from time to time, in on-going staff training conducted by news management or by news consultants hired by the station.
9. Generate and execute story ideas under the direction of designated news managers and be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of those stories. Produce stories assigned to them by news management in the same professional manner.
10. Broadcast from live, on location news events as required and assigned.
11. Participate in station promotional events and appearances as required.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Knowledge:
- Required Experience:
- EDUCATION/SKILLS REQUIRED: Minimum three (3) year’s experience required as a broadcast weathercaster or equivalent in top 30 markets. Must demonstrate facility with various computer weather graphics equipment and be able to produce weathercast in the style required. AMS or NWA Seal of Approval required. Must be a degreed meteorologist. Must be able to perform live broadcasts in a manner consistent with the style required by news format. Must be able to write and produce material for broadcast in a style consistent with stations’ format. Must be able to work well under pressure and work well with others in a fast paced news environment.
- Special Requirement:
- Application Process:
- DATE JOB IS AVAILABLE: Immediately
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Applications for employment with WOIO/WUAB are now submitted electronically. If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit
**WOIO/WUAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER**