- Emp Type:
- ASU California Center - The Cronkite School offers Bachelor of Arts, Master’s of Mass Communication and Ph.D. degrees. The school is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. ASU is a large Research I insti
- Main Duties:
- The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University seeks to hire a Professor of Practice and Director of the Cronkite Sports Bureau to lead the school’s sports journalism bureau located at the ASU California Center in Santa Monica, California.
- Required Knowledge:
- Teaching and supervising upper-level undergraduate and graduate multimedia journalism students daily; establishing the Cronkite Sports Bureau in Santa Monica, California by developing partnerships with local, regional and/or national TV and digital sports networks; leading students in the hands-on creation of TV packages and digital sports content; working closely with the Assistant Dean and other faculty in Arizona to integrate efforts in the Cronkite sports journalism curriculum; performing other faculty responsibilities for the School, such as committee assignments, student recruitment and other duties as assigned.
- Required Experience:
- Required: Six years of major-market, regional, or national television or digital network reporting or producing experience; non-linear editing experience; videography experience. A bachelor's degree. Desired: Experience working with undergraduate and/or graduate students in a university setting; bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Special Requirement:
- Application Process:
- Application deadline: Dec. 15, 2013, or if not filled, the first of each month thereafter until the search is closed.
Application procedure: Materials must include: 1) a resume, 2) video work samples, and 3) names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references.
Submit materials to:
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
555 N. Central Avenue, Suite 302
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/. The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication actively encourages diversity among its applicants and work force.