- Emp Type:
- WTKR TV3 Norfolk, VA
- Main Duties:
- The primary responsibility is to gather and present stories for all daily newscasts. PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver compelling stories during every reporting shift
• Enterprise ideas for News coverage
• Writes, shoots, edits, produces and prepares for air all news stories assigned, including the delivery of those stories on tape or live from the scene.
• Develops personal contacts within our service area and maintains regular contacts with those individuals.
• Get involved in community organizations and represent the station at functions and events.
• Present an image that fosters public confidence
• Work as a photographer on an assigned daily basis; gathering news stories, by shooting and editing those stories.
• Work with assignment desk, editors, producer and others to ensure factual, professional report.
• Operate and maintain all assigned ENG equipment, including camera, laptop editor, video cards, etc.
• Operate and maintain assigned news vehicle.
• Contribute to the station’s website, as well as station and personal/professional social media on stories.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Knowledge:
- Education Requirements:
A four year degree in liberal arts or journalism is preferred and/or two years WORK experience.
- Required Experience:
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS;
Experience with Final Cut Pro and Sony EX3 cameras helpful.
Ability to speak standard English and write grammatically correct English.
Experience in reporting, videography, editing and newsgathering.
Ability to use personal computer, laptop computer and type 35 wpm.
Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc. Vision to shoot and edit videotape. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of camera, VTR’s, tapes, tripods, batteries, etc. Ability to get into nooks, crannies, and high places to shoot video. Ability to read road maps. Works in all kinds of weather conditions.
Dexterity for operating keys and buttons on computer and typewriter. Vision and hearing and vocal communication skills used to gather and report news. Ability to climb ladders and get in remote places to report stories. Ability to use radios, audio equipment, telephones, etc. in newsgathering. Works, as required, outdoors in all kinds and extremes of weather. Must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Special Requirement:
Executive Producer, News Director, Anchors/Reporters and Videographers
General Public and Officials
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
- Application Process:
- Send Resume & Tape to: Tina Luque, News Director, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510 or [email protected]
WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer