2014 NAJA Media Awards Contest Rules - Individual Professionals
- Contest entries will only be accepted from Jan. 27 to April 1, 2014.
- Contestant must be a current NAJA member at time of entry and also at the time of the NAJA media awards July 12, 2014.
- Submitted entries must have been published, broadcasted, or posted on or between Jan. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013.
- If an editor or producer is entering the work of an employee, the employee must be a current NAJA member or the work will not be considered.
- Cost is $25 per entry for professionals and $15 for students. Individuals may submit three separate entries in any one category, as desired. Entries in multiple categories are encouraged. (Example: In the best news photo category, an individual may submit up to and no more than three different photos to compete against each other in addition to competing with other outlets’ submissions.)
- Each entry must have an accompanying entry form and payment. Only complete entries with full payment received on or before April 1 will be judged. Exceptions will not be made for entries submitted after the deadline.
- NAJA will not issue refunds or return entries.
- General excellence awards are for Native American-owned media outlets that are at least 50% Native-owned, managed or controlled.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Associate members may only enter the Associate Category.
- Only those categories with a minimum of three entries from three separate persons or organizations will be judged.
- Entries produced by the Native Health News Alliance will not be eligible for submission.
- All winners will be recognized at the Media Awards Banquet at the National Native Media Conference July 12, 2014, where recipients may collect their awards. If winner is unable to attend the banquet, arrangements for shipping after the conference may be made.
Professional Category Entry Form